World hunger-You can help!

Hey everyone!

Here is the final part for my World Hunger activity on the Student blogging challenge #6

Despite the terrible tragedy and sadness, of World Hunger you can help! Charities such as World vision, CARE, UNICEF and many more charities help hungry and poor people be fed properly. I will talk about a number of charities and what they do to help hungry people.

World Vision

World Vision is a Christian relief, development and assistance organisation and works with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and other things such as hunger. World vision says that ‘With the help of more than 400,000 Australians, World Vision helps more than 20 million people every year’ World Vision have Christian identity informs and underpins so you can know who they are and how they work.

Visit World Vision

CARE

Care is an Australian charity and an international beneficent aid organisation that fights global poverty. CARE has a special focus on empowering women and girls to bring lasting change to their communities. CARE is a part of an international alliance working together to provide reasonable solutions to poverty in more than 70 countries.

Visit Care

Both of those charities (and many more) provide a ‘Donate’ or ‘Sponsor’ button. Haven’t sponsored a child yet? Sponsor one today! Also, if you want to donate some money to maybe buy a school, ask your Principal if you could set up a lolly stand or something and maybe have a jar and let people guess how many lollies are in there for maybe 50 cents or 30 cents, and whoever gets the closest guess could win! My friend did that and raised over $30! Another thing the teachers could do is set up a charity box and choose a charity. Then people could bring in 5 cents and 10 cents coins, and then you could also have an amount of money you want to raise, and then when you have raised enough, you could buy that charity a school or a cow or something else! That’s what my class has done!

Some other charities: UNICEF, Fred Hollows Foundation, The Smith Family, Ronald McDonald House Charities and Remember Me

All of these charities help to give people all over the world a better life.

I hope you have learned alot about World Hunger and please Sponsor and donate!