100 word challenge #9

Hi everyone,

This weeks 100 word challenge prompt was a picture! 🙂 Here is my story.

“Congratulations Charlie! You have just won the annual texting competition!” Wow, I never thought I’d win a texting competition. We had to do many challenges including being blind folded and texting our name, texting 100 words in 60 seconds, and the final and most hardest challenge, being blind folded and texting the lyrics to ‘Twinkle Twinkle little star’. After all of that, I WON!! “Come to the front of the stage so we can give you your prize!” said Barry Hitchmen, the host. I came to the front, and got handed my prize. It was a piece of chocolate cake…

4 thoughts on “100 word challenge #9

1. Well done, Angie! Your entry made me laugh. 🙂

As I started reading, I was wondering how you might end up using the photo prompt. Describing so well the process involved in a texting competition, I can imagine Charlie’s surprise when his first prize was a small piece of chocolate cake.

Have you taken the opportunity to visit the entries of students from other schools? It is interesting to see how others have approached the prompt. As your entry is the first I have read in my group this week, I wonder if others might also make me laugh.

Your entry was a wonderful experience as I start commenting on this week’s entries. I hope you keep entering the 100WC.

@RossMannell (Team 100WC)
    Teacher (retired), N.S.W., Australia

2. Hey Angie,

That is a great piece of writing. I enjoyed reading that very much. Poor Charlie though but very funny indeed.

Keep Blogging Angie

Georgia (Digital Paradise)

3. to angie

you have a great story. Maybe express how Charlie felt when he won the prize in the story. I loved the rest of the story it was great!